Many mothers are anxious to return to their pre-pregnancy shape and weight after childbirth. But one should also remember that your pregnancy weight was engagement overnight so it also won’t disappear quickly. As it is believed that breastfeeding burns about 500- 700 calories extra per day to fuel milk making. But this may not always contribute to weight loss postpartum. There are many factors like pre-pregnancy weight, diet, physical activity level, etc. Which will impact weight loss after birth? Breastfeeding moms tend to lose more weight than mothers who do not breastfeed. Below mentioned are some of the tips on How Can You Maintain Weight As A Mother.
Here are some of the tips on How can you Maintain Weight as a Mother :
- It’s always sensible to eat healthily. Though this doesn’t change when one has just had a baby she can start gentle exercise in the early weeks after the birth of the baby.
- Eating healthy, drinking a lot of water throughout the day to stay well hydrated. And also choosing healthy snacks helps in maintaining weight.
- One should make time for breakfast in the morning and also eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- One should also include starchy foods such as bread pasta (preferably wholegrain varieties for added fiber) and rice in every meal. As these foods especially contain carbohydrates and should make up about a third of each meal.
- One should also go easy on fatty and sugary foods, fast food, cakes, biscuits, pastries, sweets, and drinks.
For maintaining the weight as a mother one should also combine healthy eating with the exercise. Which works best because it also helps one to lose fat instead of lean tissues. One will also get fitter and have more energy if she exercises so following are the exercise which one can do as a mother:
- The best exercise that can be done is walking. As a mother one can take a baby for longer works in her posture and set up the pace.
- Making new friends and getting some exercise can also help to lift the mood of the mother. Laughter exercise is the best that can be done after two or three weeks of the delivery.
- Kegel exercise is considered as the best as, after a vaginal delivery, the pelvic muscles tend to weaken up. While feeding the baby or just changing the diapers one should make sure that she is practicing the kegel exercise to strengthen the muscles in the pelvic floor.
- One can also place the baby between the arms and balance the weight while lying down like a plank.
- One can also lie flat on the stomach close to the baby and keep the legs touching each other. Now slowly raise the hands in the flying position while raising the lower body in a single player and balancing the weight on the tummy.
Mothers can maintain their weight by taking a proper diet. One should take proper care of eating healthy and going for a walk on a regular basis. As it is not only good for maintaining weight. But it is also considered as the best remedy for a healthy life. One should never stop eating healthy fruits and vegetables. The best exercise is the Kegel. After a vaginal delivery, the pelvic muscles tend to weaken up.
While feeding the baby or just changing the diapers one should make sure that she is practicing the kegel exercise to strengthen the muscles in the pelvic floor. One should also include starchy foods such as bread pasta (preferably wholegrain varieties for added fiber) and rice in every meal. As these foods especially contain carbohydrates and should make up about a third of each meal. All the above-stated tips and exercise helps in maintaining weight.
So these were some amazing tips on How can you maintain weight as a mother .
ALSO DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER.